STAY UP TO DATE ON CELEBRITY HAPPENINGS!
OUR WEEKLY NEWSLETTER BLOG: http://celebritykickball.blogspot.com/
OUR FACEBOOK GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WAKACACELEBRITY/
TENTATIVE Spring Schedule:
- 4/19 - Rules Clinic & Pick up game followed by Opening Ceremony and Week 1 games
- 4/26 - Week 2
- 5/3 - Week 3 (Theme Week)
- 5/10 - Week 4
- 5/17 - Week 5
- 5/24 - NO GAMES: Memorial Day Weekend
- 5/31 - NO GAMES: WAKA Camp Weekend
- 6/7 - Week 6 (Theme Week)
- 6/14 - Week 7
- 6/21 - Week 8
- 6/28 - Week 9 (Theme Week)
- 7/5 - NO GAMES: July 4th Weekend
- 7/12 - Week 10
Celebrity Spring 2015 Fun Games Tournament Scoring
All teams play 10 games - each with a different wacky rule. While this is NOT a no bunting league, we will often play with that rule. Tournament standings are based on a points system as outlined below ranking field results, bar results, how well you play with others and general participation. The team with the most points at the end of the tournament takes home the trophy!
· Field - win: 3, tie: 1, loss: 0
· Bar - win: 3, participation: 1, no participation: -1
· "Sandbox" rating: Not so great: 1, Great: 2
· Post on the blog: +1
This season's final three weeks of match ups will be determined by points earned in the first seven weeks of the season. These weeks will also offer higher point values, and chances for teams to rack up extra points on both the field and bar.
Week 8: Field game schedule will be determined based on a team's total number of BAR points. Match ups will be in order of seeding (1 vs. 2, 3 vs. 4, etc). Field games will be worth the normal number of points, but bar games will be worth double (6 points for a win, 2 points for participation).
Week 9: Field game schedule will be determined bracket style (1 vs. 16, 2 vs. 15, etc) based on a team's total number of FIELD points. Field games will be worth double (6 points for a win, 2 points for a tie), bar points will be worth the normal number of points.
Week 10: The results of week 9's games will determine match ups for week 10. Winners of week 9's games will play each other, and losers of week 9's games will play each other. Match ups will be determined in seeding order. For example, if both 15 and 16 lose in week 9, they play each other week 10. If 1 and 2 both win on week 9, they play each other week 10. Points for both field AND bar will be worth triple (9 points for a win, 2 points for a tie, 2 points for bar participation).
Sandbox points will not double or triple for these weeks.
Tiebreakers for seeding will be determined by head-to-head results in the category used for seeding for that week (bar for week 8 and field for week 9). If there no head-to-head results, ties will be broken by total number of season points.
New forfeiture rules:
This following rule is ONLY if 3 male/female players have shown up for a team so we can avoid some forfeits. We want everyone to be able to play. If a team’s 4th male/female cannot show up and leaves the team with only 3males/females, below the required amount, the team will be allowed to continue the with the following modifications: The missing male/female’s spot in the Kicking Order is an automatic out. The team’s Defensive Lineup must continue without the male/female and go down a player. Genders may not be substituted.
Other possible points:
· Have "this guy" on your team: +1
· Have a "that guy" on your team: -1
· The TURNIP award: +1
· Theme week - Top three teams: 3, participation/submitting a photo: 1, no participation: 0
· Midseason party - attendance: TBD
· Bonus point opportunities (announced weekly)
How well does your team play with others? This score will be based on fun, friendliness, participation, attitude and sportsmanship at both the field AND the bar. Both the opposing team and the refs will rate you a 1 or 2. The score from the ref and the opposing team will be averaged into one number for your weekly sandbox score.
1 = The team argued, was mean/rude/douchey, was no fun to play or had little to no participation
2 = The team was a blast - so much fun, energy, great attitudes and good sports
Instead of a weekly newsletter, Celebrity has a league blog. Each team will have a designated page on the league blog. Any posts or updates for that week count towards your weekly point. Posts can be game recaps, team photos, etc.
Blog URL: http://celebritykickball.blogspot.com/
That Guy: Someone who takes kickball too seriously. Maybe they yell at the refs or the other team. Someone who displays unsportsmanlike conduct or general douchbaggery.
This Guy: A great sport; someone who goes above and beyond to help out others, encourage teammates, fight off thieves (it has happened!), etc
Nominations for This/That guy will be accepted weekly. Please email your nominees and why you think they should win to firstname.lastname@example.org. The board will vote on the nominations. There will not necessarily be a that/this guy winner each week. There could also be more than one this/that guy awarded each week.
The TURNIP Award
This award will go to someone who brings a whole new level of fun to the party. It’s worth an extra social point for the team the TURNIP star is from so Turn It Up! These are also awarded from nominations to email@example.com and voted on by the board.
There will be 2-3 designated theme weeks throughout the season. During these weeks a particular theme will be voted on by the board and communicated to the league. Teams should dress up accordingly and take photos to be submitted to the board for voting. 3 teams with the best theme week photos will receive 3 social points. Everyone who participates will receive one. Terms (ie. Is photoshop allowed?) for photos will be posted along with the theme.
Bar Game Rules
Each week after the kickball game the losing team gets to choose a game to challenge the winning team to at the bar. The teams at the bar get credited for a win or a loss (a loss still gets a participation point). If you don’t participate you lose a point. You cannot reschedule your challenge to the following week.
1. Flip cup (best 2 out of 3, as many people that want to play as long as the #s are even – captains can elect to have people go twice in order to allow for more participants)
2. Beer Pong (winner of one game - each team chooses their two players)
3. Civil War (as many people that want to play as long as the #s are even)
4. 21 (as many people that want to play as long as the #s are even – 4 players is standard and recommended)
5. Relay (winner of one game, each team chooses their 3 players)
6. Any other game that both team’s captains agree to
UPDATED Happy Ending Kickball SPECIALS!!!
$3 Bud Light Pints/$12 Bud Light Pitchers
$4 All other Draft Pints/$14 All other Draft Pitchers
$5 Well Drinks/Wine
$3 Mystery Shots
$16 (35oz) Beach Pails
$17 Pitcher and a Pie (toppings extra-$1.50 veggies, $2 meat)
$5 Nachos (add chicken $2, add steak $3)
$5 Chip and Dip Plate
$7 Tacos (3 tacos - chicken or pork)
$6 Buffalo Chicken Spring Rolls
$5 Healthy Happy Salad
$7 Drunken Quesadillas
BALLS AND CUPS
The 1st 400 cups and 20 balls will go out for free. After that cup prices go into effect because we use so many. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE REUSE THEM!
22 Cups for $2
2 balls for $1
• There are NO refunds.
• Credit cards charged at time of registration.
• Captains - make sure to read the Captains Responsibilities link on the website (next to the schedule link) before creating your team. By creating your team you acknowledge you've read the captains responsibilities and will uphold them.
• If you want to play on a team with your friends, make sure one of you “creates a friendgroup” and everyone registers on that group. (Otherwise you will end up elsewhere and not be able to switch later)
• If you are an individual, don't worry - just register as an individual and you will be placed on a team.
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
|1||The Bad News Bastards||9||7||1||1||7.50||.833||26|
|3||I Got 99 Problems But A Pitch Ain't One||9||5||3||1||5.50||.611||43|
|4||The Ball Busters||9||4||2||3||5.50||.611||19|
|7||Micropigs in Tiny Raincoats and Booties||10||4||4||2||5.00||.500||51|
|8||Kid tested mother approved||9||4||3||2||3.50||.389||32|
|9||Kick in a Box||9||3||5||1||3.50||.389||43|
|10||Fresh Kicks of Ball Air||9||3||5||1||3.50||.389||24|
|11||Where My Pitches At?||9||2||6||1||2.50||.278||41|
|12||Real Ballers Wear Pink!||9||2||6||1||2.50||.278||71|
|13||I'm Not a Playa, I Just Kick a Lot!||9||1||6||2||2.00||.222||62|
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.