WAKA Winter Dodgeball is current in session!
Go to www.kickball.com/ct to see a list of all our spring social sport leagues coming soon!
Looking for the rules of WAKA Dodgeball? Click here!
- Price: $69/per player
- Team roster is 22 players min, 28 player max
- Must have at least 10 of each gender on the team
- Don't have a full team? No worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent. We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA dodgeball is a great way to get your friends and co-workers together or to just meet new people!
- What if I don't have any skills at throwing balls? Doesn't matter. This is a social league! There will be music on the court and this league is built on FUN! and WAKA uses foam dodgeballs, they don't hurt!
- Games Tuesday evenings at 6:30PM, 7:30PM, or 8:30PM starting January 13th, 2015
- 7 week regular season +1 week of playoffs
- Post-game we will all head to our sponsor bar (Red's Tavern) for some food & drinks! (which happens to be right next to the courts!)
Game / On Court Rules
- Maximum of 20 players on the court per team per game (ie 20 vs 20) (yeah, I know, its gonna be awesome)
- Must have at least 5 players of each gender on the court for an official game
- We will play with 7 balls at a time. 3 for each team to rush for and 1 middle ball that is up for grabs!
- We will play as many games as possible within a 50 minute match
- Each game will count as one point and end of match points will be totaled to determine winner of match
- Note: You should try to get more than 20 players on your team because 20 players is the max allowed on the court and obviously every player doesn't show up every week.. and because more people = more team fun
- There will music on the court! This is not just your typical dodgeball game! This is WAKA Dodgeball!
- Click here for full game rules!
Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team* after registration closes (*assuming you have enough players signed up). If you don't have enough players signed up by the deadline, its not a big deal, we will add a small group or free agents you to your team to make a full roster!
Do you have a group of friends (anywhere from 2-15 players) who would like to sign up and play on the same team together? No problem! What you want to do is register and start a 'friend group'. After registration closes, your friend group will be merged with other friend group(s) or free agents to make a full team.
Plan on going solo? Perfect. Nearly 50 percent of the players in WAKA leagues first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a fun team that's a perfect fit for you!
Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole squad for a good team-building/networking activity? No problem. When you register you'll see an option for you to pay for any number of individuals. Then you'll get an email with coupon codes which you can pass out to your players when they register.
For questions or more info on this league contact this season's Customer Service Representative
- Dec 23: Registration Deadline (for bar logo T-shirts)
- Jan 04: Registration Deadline (for standard logo T-shirts)
- Jan 13: Regular Season Begins
- Feb 07: WAKA Winter Party! (join facebook event)
(combined party w/ Indoor Volleyball, Dodgeball, & Bowling leagues!)
(free beer, free food, free drinks for all registered players!)
- Feb 24: Regular Season Ends
- Mar 03: All Teams Playoffs!
Our games will be played on the basketball courts at Nomad's Adventure Quest.
Nomad's is located at:
100 Bidwell Rd South Windsor, CT 06074
One of the great things about Nomad's not only is all their games, but also they have an on-sight bar and restaurant called "Red Tavern"!
After the game, we'll head to the bar for some great food and drink dogdeball specials:
$8 Bud Light Pitchers
$5 Chicken Tenders
$5 Chicken Wings
$5 Cheese Quesadilla
$5 Mozzarella sticks
$5 Potato Skins
$5 Buffalo Cheese Ravioli
- Player shirts will be handed out week 1, before the first games.
- The season schedule will be posted approx 1 week before our first games.
- WAKA uses only Rhino Skin dodgeballs for our fun, indoor dodgeball leagues!
Don’t Just Throw the Ball, Be the Ball! This league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your dodgeball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
|3||You know you want to hit this||5||3||2||0||3.00||.600||23|
|6||Balls & Dolls||5||2||3||0||2.00||.400||27|
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.