Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive!
Registration for the WAKA Tuesday night fall dodgeball league will be opening August 10th! And due to popular demand, this season there will be a Tuesday night league AND a Thursday night league at Nomad's Adventure Quest!
Tuesday night league starts October 21st! (Thursday night league starts October 23rd!) (see below for more details about the Tuesday night league)
Interested in other WAKA sports? Go to www.kickball.com/ct to see a list of all our current leagues!
- Price: $68/per player
- Team roster is 22 players min, 28 player max
- Must have at least 10 of each gender on the team
- Don't have a full team? No worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent. We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA dodgeball is a great way to get your friends and co-workers together or to just meet new people!
- What if I don't have any skills at throwing balls? Doesn't matter. This is a social league! There will be music on the court and this league is built on FUN! and WAKA uses foam dodgeballs, they don't hurt!
- Games Tuesday evenings at 6:30PM, 7:30PM, or 8:30PM starting October 21st, 2014
- 7 week regular season +1 week of playoffs
- Post-game we will all head to our sponsor bar (Red's Tavern) for some food & drinks! (which happens to be right next to the courts!)
Game / On Court Rules
- Maximum of 20 players on the court per team per game (ie 20 vs 20) (yeah, I know, its gonna be awesome)
- Must have at least 5 players of each gender on the court for an official game
- We will play with 7 balls at a time. 3 for each team to rush for and 1 middle ball that is up for grabs!
- We will play as many games as possible within a 50 minute match
- Each game will count as one point and end of match points will be totaled to determine winner of match
- Note: You should try to get more than 20 players on your team because 20 players is the max allowed on the court and obviously every player doesn't show up every week.. and because more people = more team fun
- There will music on the court! This is not just your typical dodgeball game! This is WAKA Dodgeball!
- Click here for full game rules!
- Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team* after registration closes (*assuming you have enough players signed up). If you don't have enough players signed up by the deadline, its not a big deal, we will add a small group or free agents you to your team to make a full roster!
- Do you have a group of friends (anywhere from 2-15 players) who would like to sign up and play on the same team together? No problem! What you want to do is register and start a 'friend group'. After registration closes, your friend group will be merged with other friend group(s) or free agents to make a full team.
- Plan on going solo? Perfect. Nearly 50 percent of the players in WAKA leagues first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a fun team that's a perfect fit for you!
- Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole squad for a good team-building/networking activity? No problem. When you register you'll see an option for you to pay for any number of individuals. Then you'll get an email with coupon codes which you can pass out to your players when they register.
For questions or more info on this league contact this season's Customer Service Representative
- Aug 10: Registration opens
- Sep 30: Registration deadline (unless we sell out sooner)
- Oct 21: Regular Season Begins
- Nov 01: WAKA Halloween Costume Party! (join facebook event)
(combined party w/ Fall Kickball, Flag Football, Dodgeball, & Bowling leagues!)
(free beer, free food, free drinks for all registered players!)
- Dec 02: Regular Season Ends
- Dec 09: All Teams Playoffs!
- Dec 13: WAKA Santa Charity Bar Crawl! (join facebook event)
(wear a holiday themed outfit!)
(drinks specials for all players!)
Our games will be played on the basketball courts at Nomad's Adventure Quest.
Nomad's is located at:
100 Bidwell Rd South Windsor, CT 06074
One of the great things about Nomad's not only is all their games, but also they have an on-sight bar and restaurant called "Red Tavern"!
After the game, we'll head to the bar for some great food and drink dogdeball specials:
-$8 Domestic pitchers
-.50 cent Wings
-(At the snack bar, its 20% off all food (they don't serve beer at the snack bar))
- Player shirts will be handed out week 1, before the first games.
- The season schedule will be posted approx 1 week before our first games.
- WAKA uses only Rhino Skin dodgeballs for our fun, indoor dodgeball leagues!
Join our mailing list , meetup group , and facebook page to stay connected!