CT New Haven Dodgeball - Spring 2012
Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive!
Your favorite kickball league is bringing dodgeball to Connecticut!! Gather your friends, family, kickball teammates, and coworkers and get your team signed up!
Wednesday evenings starting January 16th!
Registration Coming Soon!
- Team size is 14 player min, 26 player max
- Must have at least 7 of each gender on the team
- Don't have a full team? no worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent. We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA dodgeball is a great way to get your friends together or meet new people!
- Games Wednesday evenings at 6:30PM/7:30PM starting January 16th, 2013 at x
- 7 week regular season, +1 week of playoffs
- January 16th is a pickup game. Come learn the rules and see how it all works!
- This is season we will be playing in Newington at x. Afterwards we will all head to our sponsor bar (Tom's Pizza at the Bar) for some food, drinks, and to get a little nuts! (more on the sponsor bar's dodgeball food and drink specials below)
Game / On Court Rules
- Maximum of 18 players on the court (18 vs 18) (yeah, I know, its gonna be awesome)
- Must have at least 4 players of each gender on the court for an official game
- We will play with 7 balls at a time. 3 for each team to rush for and 1 middle ball that is up for grabs!
- We will play as many games as possible within a 50 minute match (5 minute time limit per game)
- Each game will count as one point and end of match points will be totaled to determine winner of match
- Note: You should try to get at least18 players on your team because that's the max allowed on the court. and it just sounds like more fun.
- WAKA uses the National Amateur Dodgeball Association's Rules (NADA), but with some slight WAKmodifications. Click the links for details.
I leave you with a quote from the one of the best dodgeball'ers of all time, Patches O'Houlihan:
"If you can dodge a wrench, you can dodge a ball"
Dec 05: Registration opens
Dec 31: Team Registration deadline
Jan 16: Pickup Game / Meet n Greet
Jan 23: Regular Season Begins
TBD: Mid-season party
Mar 13: Regular Season Ends
Mar 20: Playoffs
TBD: End of Season Party!
Tom's Pizza at The Bar
512 Cedar Street
Newington, CT 06111
$7 Pitchers Coors Light / Miller Lite
$7 10 Wings
$7 Chicken Tenders & Fries
$2 Pizza Slice
$12 Large Cheese Pizza
$2 16oz Draft Coors Lights / Miller Lite
- Player shirts will be handed out week 1, before the first games.
- The season schedule will be posted approx 1 week before our first games.
- WAKA uses only Rhino Skin dodgeballs for our fun, indoor dodgeball leagues.
WAKA uses only foam dodgeballs for our fun, indoor dodgeball leagues. We play by the NADA (National Amateur Dodgeball Association) rules with a few local modifications written to encourage a low-key, social atmosphere. (ie: 50/50 guy/girl ratio, round robin game schedule, etc).
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.