Game Schedule | Current Standings I Rules of the Game | Registration FAQs | Captains Responsibilities I
DC Potomac League
Social Kickball Monday Evenings on the National Mall
Season Bengins Monday, July 14th!
Any Questions? E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Be a part of the WAKA Social Sports Revolution!
Registration for Summer 2014 NOW OPEN!!!
Check Out the DC Regional Page for Information on Other Leagues and Events
- This is a co-ed league open to all levels of kickballers from Beginner to Hall-of-Famer
- Games are played Monday evenings on the National Mall
- $69 Registration (includes 8 regular season games, playoffs, equipment, a T-Shirt, awesome parties, and weekly discounts at our sponsor bar - Kelly's Irish Times, the home of WAKA Kickball)
- All teams qualify for the playoffs and seeding will be based on regular season records
- Don't have a full team? No worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent! We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA Kickball is a great way to get your friends and co-workers together or to just meet new people!
- What if I don't have any kicking skills? Doesn't matter. This is a social league built on FUN and even if you aren't an all-star on the kickball field, there's always the flipcup table to gain your redemption.
- Teams with at least 16 players (including 8 ladies) will get their choice of T-shirt color. Register now to claim your team colors.
- Games Monday evenings at 6:30PM and 7:20PM starting July 14th, 2014
- 8 regular season games followed by a playoff tournament
- Post-game we will all head to our sponsor bar for food, drinks, and bar games!
- Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team after registration closes, assuming you have enough players signed up. If you don't have enough players signed up by the deadline, don't fret, we'll add a small group or free agents to your team to make a full roster!
- Do you have a group of friends (anywhere from 2-15 players) who would like to sign up and play on the same team together? No problem! What you want to do is register and start a 'friend group'. After registration closes, your friend group will be merged with other friend group(s) or free agents to make a full team.
- Plan on going solo? You won't be alone for long. Nearly 50 percent of the players in WAKA leagues first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a fun team that's a perfect fit for you!
- Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole squad for a good team-building/networking activity? Great! When you register you'll see an option for you to pay for any number of individuals. Then you'll get an email with coupon codes which you can pass out to your players when they register.
Important Dates: (dates are currently tentative)
- Preseason Party: TBD
- Pick-Up Games and Meet and Greet: July 7
- Season Begins: July 14, Captains Meeting (5:30pm) Week #1 Games (6:30pm)
- Midseason Party: August 16
- Last Regular Season Game: September 8 (No games Sept. 1 - Labor Day holiday)
- Playoffs: September 13
- End of Season Party: September 20
- Player shirts will be handed out at Game #1
- Season schedule is subject to change due to weather and other factors beyond our control
- Please read the rules prior to the start of the season