- News and Media
Our fall season in Chapel Hill will play on Thursday nights at Homestead Park starting on Sept. 4, 2014. You can join as a team, a group, or as an individual player. If you want to field your own team, you will need at least 14 players on your roster. If you want to join with friends, email email@example.com to ensure you are all placed together. Finally, if you are signing up as an individual player, you are in luck because we will find you a great team to join. Join us every week for games and more fun with the whole league at Fitzgerald's afterward.
Registration fees include your team shirt, field rental, equipment, head refs, weekly aftergame socials, two big parties with the bar tab covered, prizes, a tournament, and lots of other planned social events during the season. Team placement cannot be guaranteed after Aug. 20, so be sure to register early.
** All registrations are non-refundable in Durham & Chapel Hill. This differs from WAKA corporate policy because this is a franchised market. Please be aware of this when you make your purchase.
Kickball Theme Days
- Thurs. Sept 18- Nerds
- Thurs. Sept. 25- Beach Party (interpret as you wish)
- Thurs. Oct. 16- Pink Theme for Breast Cancer Awareness Month (wear pink accessories- headbands, feather boas, socks, etc)
- Sat. Sept. 20- Defy Gravity Social in Morrisville 5-6 pm
- Sat. Sept 27- Mid Season Party from 2-5 pm (location TBD)
- Mon. Oct. 6- Trivia at Fitzgerald's in Chapel Hill at 9 pm
- Sat. Oct. 11- Discounted tickets available for WAKA players for World BeerFest in Durham
- Sat. Oct. 18- Triangle Brewery Tour in Durham at 12 pm ($3 per person)
- Fri. Oct. 31- End of Season/Halloween Party at 4020 Lounge (Durham) from 10 pm-2 am
Why play WAKA Kickball versus other leagues?
**WAKA and the local league management reserve the right to remove a player from a game or from the league season at their discretion. Reasons could include but are not limited to the following: alcohol violations at the field, poor sportmanship, or intentionally causing injury to another player.
If you have any questions about the league or events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAKA In the News...
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.