NY Big Apple - Summer 2013
Registration for the Summer 2014 Now Open, See Below
Registration is now open for the 2014 season of NY Big Apple, a Thursday night league in Central Park.
**IMPORTANT: NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON THE FIELD. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.**
Teams play 7 regular season games. Depending on weather, we will schedule an 8th game. WAKA is not responsible for bad weather and we have built in an extra week to make up for a potential rainout. Upon completion of the season, ALL teams face off in a single elimination playoff tournament competing to receive an invitation to play in WAKA's National Founders Cup Tournament in Las Vegas on Columbus Day weekend.
Important Dates:(dates are currently tentative)
- March 18th - Early Registration Opens
- April 25th - Regular Registration Begins
- May 23rd - Late Registration Begins
- June 26th Season Starts
- August 28th - Last day of league
- Player shirts will be handed out week 1, before the first games.
- The season schedule will be posted during the pick up game period.
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather and other factors beyond our control.
- We recommend all players read the game rules prior to the start of the season.
Central Park Kickball!
Join WAKA every Thursday in the most famous park in the world as you battle several other teams from around the city. The league kicks off on June 20th and ends in mid to late August depending on how agreeable the weather is.
Due to field limitations, each team is required to play one of their regular season games on a Friday in Central Park
We expect this league to fill up by the end of May, don't wait to sign up.
- April 24th to May 22nd - $83
- May 23rd to June 20th - $93
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.