NY Big Apple - Summer 2014
Registration for the Summer 2014 Now Open, See Below
Registration is now open for the 2014 season of NY Big Apple, a Thursday night league in Central Park.
**IMPORTANT: NO ALCOHOL IS ALLOWED ON THE FIELD. THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED.**
Teams play 7 regular season games. Depending on weather, we will schedule an 8th game. WAKA is not responsible for bad weather and we have built in an extra week to make up for a potential rainout. Upon completion of the season, ALL teams face off in a single elimination playoff tournament competing to receive an invitation to play in WAKA's National Founders Cup Tournament in Las Vegas on Columbus Day weekend.
Important Dates:(dates are currently tentative)
- March 18th - Early Registration Opens
- April 25th - Regular Registration Begins
- May 23rd - Late Registration Begins
- June 26th Season Starts
- August 28th - Last day of league
- Player shirts will be handed out week 1, before the first games.
- The season schedule will be posted during the pick up game period.
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather and other factors beyond our control.
- We recommend all players read the game rules prior to the start of the season.
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.