James Duffy Elyse Loughlin coming soon!
March 4, 2015: Registration Opens
April 2, 2015: Pre season meet and greet at Cafe Hollywood
April 17, 2015: Kickball Day - Hackett Middle School 6:00
Captains Meeting (4/23): Cafe Hollywood - 6:30
Head Referees Meeting (4/23) Cafe Hollywood - 6:45
Pickup Game/Rules Clinic (4/30) 6:00
Week 1: 5/7: Opening night, Week 1 Games. T-Shirts are Handed Out
Week 2: 5/14 Theme 1- Sports Night (Dress up in your favorite sports attire: Football, Basketball, Baseball, Wrestling, Cheerleader, etc) Registration Closed for the season
Week 3: 5/21
Week 4: 5/28 Theme 2- Pirates (self explanatory)
May 30, 2015: Mid Season Party - Pub Crawl - TBD
Week 5: 6/4
Week 6: 6/11 Theme 3- Video Game (Come dressed as your favorite video game character)
Week 7: 6/18
Week 8: 6/25 Theme 4- Super Hero (Come dressed as your favorite super hero or villain. Make one up if you want) Regular Season Ends
End of Season Party!: TBD (free food, free drinks, fun for registered players TBD for non-registered attendees)
- **PLEASE BE RESPONSIBLE WITH ALCOHOL ON THE FIELD. NO OPEN CONTAINERS! THIS WILL BE STRICTLY ENFORCED. NO SOLO CUPS, PLASTIC CUPS, BOTTLES, OR CANS. PLEASE USE SOMETHING LIKE A BUBBA KEG, THERMOS, TUMBLER, ETC** IF YOU BRING GARBAGE IN YOU TAKE IT OUT!
- We play an 8 game regular season. Upon completion of the season, teams face off in a single elimination playoff tournament.
- WAKA is much more than just a sports league! We are a social community with fun parties, theme nights, opportunities for networking and more! A typical WAKA league ranges in length from 8-10 weeks, including regular season games and a play off tournament. Every team makes the play offs and every player is invited to the big end of season celebration!
- Player shirts will be handed out week 1, before the first games.
- The season schedule will be posted during the pick up game period.
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather and other factors beyond our control.
- We recommend all players read the game rules prior to the start of the season.
Board of Volunteers
Referee Coordinator(s): VOLUNTEER
Social Coordinators: James Duffy, Elyse Loughlin, Kelsey Loughlin, Heather Higgins, Maddie Janzow, Katie Smith McKay, Jennifer Unser, Tommy DeMond
Charity Chair: VOLUNTEER
Photography: Doug Kerr, Junaid Halabi
If you would like to be a part of creating the Best Friends, Best Games, and Best Parties for NY Capital, contact league representatives James Duffy email@example.com or Elyse Loughlin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.