RI Thunder Blog| RI Thunder Facebook| Rules
RI Thunder is the Friday night Kickball league! Lace up your sneakers, join the fun, and don't miss your chance to relive your playground glory! (see league details below!)
- Cost: $73 (includes 8 weeks of games + playoffs, T-Shirt, 2 awesome parties, and weekly discounts at our sponsor bar!)
- Don't have a full team? No worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent! We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA Kickball is a great way to get your friends and co-workers together or to just meet new people!
- What if I don't have any kicking skills? Doesn't matter. This is a social league built on FUN! Some even say the "post-game" at the bar is more important then the games themselves!
- Games Friday evenings at 6:30PM and 7:30PM starting September 5th, 2014
- 8 week regular season + an all-day all teams playoffs on Saturday, November 8th!
- Post-game we will all head to Fountain Street Grille at LeFoyer for some food, drinks, and games!
- Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team* after registration closes (*assuming you have enough players signed up). If you don't have enough players signed up by the deadline, its not a big deal, we will add a small group or free agents to your team to make a full roster!
First do this --> How to register yourself
Then follow this--> How to create a friend group
- Do you have a group of friends (anywhere from 2-15 players) who would like to sign up and play on the same team together? No problem! What you want to do is register and start a 'friend group'. After registration closes, your friend group will be merged with other friend group(s) or free agents to make a full team.
Watch this video to see how -->How to register yourself
- Plan on going solo? Perfect. Nearly 50 percent of the players in WAKA leagues first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a fun team that's a perfect fit for you!
- Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole squad for a good team-building/networking activity? No problem. When you register you'll see an option for you to pay for any number of individuals. Then you'll get an email with coupon codes which you can pass out to your players when they register.
Check out kickball.com/corporate-teams
- Jul 18: Registration opens
- Aug 15: Team Registration deadline
- Aug 29: Rookie Night & Rules Clinic
- Sep 03: Captains Meeting (Open to Captains & Co-Captains)
- Sep 05: Regular Season Begins
- Sep 20: All WAKA Social Sports Fall Party!
(combined party w/ Fall Kickball & Flag Football leagues!)
- Oct 25: Regular Season Ends
- Oct 31: Make-up week (if there is a rain out)
- Nov 08: "Super Saturday" All-Teams Playoffs!
Hank Soar Sports Complex
500 Prospect Street
Games are played on the outfield grass of the softball field. You can't miss us!
Fountain Street Grille at LeFoyer
151 Fountain Street
Pawtucket, RI 02860
- Player shirts will be handed out week 1, before the first games.
- The season schedule will be posted approx 1 week before our first games.
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather and other factors beyond our control.
- We recommend all players read the game rules prior to the start of the season.
- Cleats are recommended but they are not required. No metal cleats are allowed.
*Dates may change due to inclement weather but we will notify you and your captain's of any and all changes as soon as possible!*
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube!!
to receive updates on our kickball leagues in Providence, RI
THIS WEBSITE AND THE FRANCHISE SALES INFORMATION ON THIS SITE DO NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER TO SELL A FRANCHISE. THE OFFER OF A FRANCHISE CAN ONLY BE MADE THROUGH THE DELIVERY OF A FRANCHISE DISCLOSURE DOCUMENT (FDD) IN COMPLIANCE WITH APPLICABLE LAW. FURTHER, CERTAIN STATES REQUIRE THAT WE REGISTER THE FDD IN THE STATE. WE WILL NOT OFFER OR SELL FRANCHISES IN THOSE STATES UNTIL WE HAVE REGISTERED THE FRANCHISE AND DELIVERED THE FDD IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE APPLICABLE LAW.