TX Live - Fall 2011
The biggest and best Austin kickball league around, TX Live is a part of the World Adult Kickball Association. WAKA: Best Parties. Best Games. Best Friends.
TX Live Summer 2014 is Open for Registration!
Looking for the Spring 2014 page? Click Here.
- Cost: $73 until May 14, then $78 (includes 8 weeks of games + playoffs, T-Shirt, 3 awesome parties w/ free beer and an open tab for wells, and weekly discounts at our sponsor bar!)
- Don't have a full team? No worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent. We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA Kickball is a great way to get your friends and co-workers together or to just meet new people!
- What if I don't have any kicking skills? Doesn't matter. This is a social league built on FUN! Some even say the "post-game" at the bar is more important then the games themselves!
- Games Thursday Nights at 7PM, 8PM, and 9PM starting June 5th, 2014
- 8 week regular season + two weeks of playoffs (every team makes the playoffs)!
- Post-game we head to our sponsor bar Gibson Bar for $2 Lone Stars, $3 Miller Lights, and $4 Tullemore Dew Irish Whiskey! Luke's Inside Out trailer provides amazing food, and Gibson's craft beer selection is unmatched in 78704.
- Tons of events all Summer long, even before the season starts! Check out our upcoming events below.
- Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team* after registration closes (*assuming you have enough players signed up). If you don't have enough players signed up by the deadline, its not a big deal, we will add a small group or free agents to your team to make a full roster!
- Do you have a group of friends (anywhere from 2-15 players) who would like to sign up and play on the same team together? No problem! What you want to do is register and start a 'friend group'. After registration closes, your friend group will be merged with other friend group(s) or free agents to make a full team.
- Plan on going solo? Perfect. Nearly 50 percent of the players in WAKA leagues first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a fun team that's a perfect fit for you!
- Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole squad for a good team-building/networking activity? No problem. When you register you'll see an option for you to pay for any number of individuals. Then you'll get an email with coupon codes which you can pass out to your players when they register.
- View the Kickball Rules here.
- April 17: Kickball Day 2014 - The first ever national holiday celebrating kickball! We'll be celebrating in Austin with an Open Play night at Gillis Park featuring pick up games, contests, and registration discounts!
- April 24: Playoffs Week 1: Play-In & First Round
- May 1: Playoffs Week 2: Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Championship
- May 2: End of Season Party @ Midway Fieldhouse - The theme is come hang out with your friends! Midway will have a cover band on stage, we'll have kegs on tap and a well tab at the bar, Mario Villeda Photography will be photographing your beautiful faces for posterity, and we're going to end the first season of 2014 right!
- April 17: Summer 2014 Registration Begins on Kickball Day! - The first ever national holiday celebrating kickball! We'll be celebrating in Austin with an Open Play night at Gillis Park featuring pick up games, contests, and registration discounts!
- May 8: Open Play Night - Sad about the rainout on April 17? We've got you covered. May 8 we'll be at Gillis Park at 7 PM for a completely free night of kickball! Home Run Derby & Bunting Accuracy competitions will be held for charity with registration discounts as prizes, $5 off registration coupons will be available for anyone who shows up, the entire WAKA Austin staff will be on hand to answer questions and explain rules, and we'll have pick up games running for you to try out kickball for free!
- May 10: Pre-Season Mimosa Afternoon - We'll be hanging out at Brew Exchange on West 6th, doling out 24 hour discount registration coupons, raffling off a free registration and a Block Rocker stereo, and drinking on the cheap! First 25 mimosas are on us, and they're only $1 after that!
- May 14: Late Registration Begins - Registration cost increases by $5. All additional fees go into the league social budget!
- May 30: Pre-Season Beach Bum Bar Crawl - Come out and meet the folks you're going to be playing and partying with all season long! Schedule TBD, but look for the folks in flippy floppys, board shorts, Hawaiin shirts, and decked out in WAKA swag!
- June 4: Summer 2014 Captain's Meeting - Discussion of league policies, gifts of WAKA captain swag, and t-shirt pickup.
- June 5: Summer 2014 Season Begins
- June 12: Theme Night: 90s Night - The best playlists of all time coupled with Zumba pants, No Fear shirts, denim jackets, and oversized cell phones. A park full of Zack Morrises and Kelly Kapowskis? Awww yiss.
- June 14: Plant Your Flag Kick-Off Party - It's Flag Day, and we want to see you create your team's most glorious banner possible! The team with the best flag (to be judged by a panel of your local WAKA reps) will earn a $50 gift card to their league bar! As always, professional photography will be available, kegs will be tapped, and a tab for wells will be run. Location TBD.
- July 3: Theme Night: America Night - Nobody is going in to work tomorrow, so it's time to REALLY cut loose with some obnoxious displays of unbridaled jingoism and FREEDOM. Make America proud. Wear America's colors. Be all the kickballer you can be.
- July 12: Mid-Season Party - Details TBD
- July 20: WAKA on Water 2014 Boat Party - For one Sunday only we'll be setting sail on The Ark, the mightiest vessel on Lake Travis! 140 seats are available, as well as two huge party buses bumpin tunes and getting you there and back safely. This Summer we're taking Sunday Funday to a whole new level! Cruise is 1-5 PM, bus pickup information TBD. Stay tuned for details!
- July 24: Theme Night: Christmas in July - 'Twill be the night before 6 months before Christmas, and all through the fields, everyone will be getting down to Mariah Carey's "All I Want for Christmas is You" and getting to wear all their Xmas gear for an extra night of the year!
- July 31: Playoffs Week 1 - Play-In & First Round
- August 7: Playoffs Week 2 - Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Championship
- August 9: End of Season Party - Details TBD
Where We Play
This season we will be playing at Gillis Park, located at 2504 Durwood St. 78704. Ample parking is available in two parking lots and along the street. See the diagram below for more information.
As with all neighborhood parks, the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at Gillis, and WAKA's alcohol policy always reflects that of our venue. Individuals who are observed consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the premises, and run the risk of receiving a citation for public consumption of an alcoholic beverage. Gillis park is an on-leash dog-friendly park. Teams observed consuming alcohol or allowing dogs off leash will receive a paper forfeit for the evening. Repeat offenses may result in suspensions.
Where We Party
This season TX Live will make their home base at Gibson Street Bar on South Lamar! With great specials on bubbly & beer as well as phenomenal food from the Luke's Inside Out trailer located on site, your post-game destination is set! Join us for drinks and good company, we'll see you there!
1109 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
$3 Miller Lights
$4 Tullemore Dew Irish Whiskey
Free cheese/chocolate plate with purchase of any bottle of bubbles (from $18!)
FREE BINGO from 8-10 PM with PRIZES!
- Teams must consist of a MINIMUM of 16 players and a MINIMUM of 6 women. Groups that do not meet these minimum requirements by May 26 (Memorial Day) will be combined with other groups and free agents at the discretion of the league manager.
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control.
- The season schedule will be weighted to allow for as much parity as possible during the regular season. Be sure to notify the league manager at email@example.com if your team is particularly inexperienced or if you would like to play a more competitive schedule.
- All players are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the RULES before play.
- Paper forfeits will be assessed for violations of park policies. This means if anyone on your team is observed drinking alcohol, smoking, or allowing their dogs off-leash your team will be assessed a paper forfeit.
- Each player may only register for one team in TX Live.
- Cleats are recommended but by no means required. Metal cleats are prohibited. Closed toed shoes must be worn during play.
- Substitutions are allowed in regular season games ONLY when fewer than the minimum number of players are available (4 men and 4 women), and ONLY as many subs as is necessary to reach the minimum. No subs are permitted during the playoffs.
- TX Live is about having fun playing a children's game, and as such there is a zero tolerance policy for fighting. Any physical altercation will result in the immediate ejection of all parties involved. Altercations in which punches are thrown will result in a 2 game suspension. Repeat offenses and extreme altercations will be evaluated on a case by case basis and may result in removal from the season of play without a refund.
Board of Volunteers
Referee Wrangler: Liz Harris
GMOT Czar: Special Guest
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Stephen Moursund at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and YouTube!
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.