Registration Info | League Policies | Park Details | Bar Details
Captain's Duties | Blog | League History | WAKA Rules | WAKA Policies
Life of the Party
The biggest and best Austin kickball league around, TX Live is a part of WAKA Kickball & Social Sports. WAKA: Best Parties. Best Games. Best Friends.
TX Live Spring 2015 Has Closed
SPRING 2015 KEY INFO
- Cost: $73 until 12 AM April 20th, then $78 (includes 8 weeks of games + playoffs, T-Shirt, 2 awesome parties w/ free beer and an open tab for wells, and weekly discounts at our sponsor bar!). Late registration (after games have begun) will be open for 6 days at $83.
- Games Thursday Nights at 7PM, 8PM, and 9PM starting May 7, 2015.
- 8 week regular season + all-day Saturday playoff tournament on July 11 (every team makes the playoffs)!
- Don't have a full team? No worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent. We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA Kickball is a great way to get your friends and co-workers together or to just meet new people!
- Two conferences of play: the highly competitive Capital conference whose champion and runner-up becomes eligible for the Founder's Cup National Championship, and the social-only Music conference which features accessible just-for-fun play! Conference placement is determined by a pre-season ranking by the captains of the league: top 8 teams play in Capital and bottom 10 play in Music.
- Kickball isn't the only thing we compete in! All season long the Life of the Party competition will play out at the league bar where you can earn Social Points to solidify your standing as the official most fun team in TX Live.
SPRING 2015 SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
- April 20: Bar Logo Shirt Order, Registration Increases to $78
- April 22: Open Play Night
- April 26: Sunday Funday Pre-Season Party
- April 28: Last Day to Register for On-Time Shirt Delivery
- May 1: Team & Conference Finalization Day
- May 4: Game Schedule Released
- May 6: Captains' Meeting - The Park at South Lamar at 7 PM
- May 7: Week 1, late registration begins ($83) - Bar Game: Ladder Golf
- May 13: Late registration closes at 12 AM
- May 14: Week 2 THEME NIGHT, Tight & Bright - Spandex and neon baby. Bar Game: Human Backboard
- May 21: Week 3 - Bar Game: Flip Cup
- May 28: Week 4 THEME NIGHT, Marathon Night - Your shortest running shorts, toe shoes, water bottle belts, numbered bibs, all the marathon gear you've got! Also, it's Marathon night at the Park at South Lamar, big bonus Social Points for every player still at the bar at closing time! Bar Game: Fruit Dangle
- May 30: Mid-Season Stoplight Party - Wear red if you're taken, yellow if you're unattached but not looking, and green if you're single and ready to mingle! Party starts at 9 PM at The Park on South Lamar. Open bar for TX Live players and guests who donate $20 to the league charity at the door. Check in for a wristband to drink on the tab.
- May 31: Austin Spring Kickball Golf Tournament - Kickball Golf is WAKA's fun spin on "Footgolf", a magical hybrid of golf & soccer, or in our case golf and kickball!
- June 4: Week 5 - Bar Game: Pong
- June 11: Week 6 THEME NIGHT, Rubik's Cube - Wear one article of clothing in each of the Rubik's colors: Red, Yellow, Blue, Green, White, and Orange. After games start, teams will be assigned a color: the goal is to swap clothing until you've "solved" your teams color! Life of the Party points for every "solved player" that finds Stephen at the bar to take their picture. Bar Game: Rubber Band Sharpshooter
- June 18: Week 7 - Bar Game: Cornhole
- June 25: Week 8 THEME NIGHT, Silly Hats ONLY - Don't bring your weak hat game, or there will be repercussions! Bar Game - Washers
- June 26: End of Season Party: Details coming soon!
- July 2: Rainout Makeup Night
- July 11: Super Saturday Playoff Tournament
This is Our Game
Board of Volunteers
Referee Wrangler: Liz Harris
Social Coordinator: Stephen Moursund
Charity Chair: Vero Marquez
Photography: Ann Miller
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Warren Ogle at email@example.com.
|1||Sit On My Base||1||1||0||0||1.00||1.00||0|
|4||The Tyrannical Tea Baggers||1||1||0||0||1.00||1.00||4|
|5||A Nu Start||1||0||0||1||0.50||.500||3|
|5||Ram It HoMe!||1||0||0||1||0.50||.500||3|
|7||Large and In Charge||1||0||1||0||0.00||.000||3|
|7||Large Hardon Collider||1||0||1||0||0.00||.000||3|
|9||That Kick Cray||1||0||1||0||0.00||.000||6|
|1||Do You Even Kick, Bro?||1||1||0||0||1.00||1.00||0|
|2||Sons of Pitches||1||1||0||0||1.00||1.00||2|
|3||Pitches Be Crazy||1||1||0||0||1.00||1.00||5|
|4||Pitches be Trippin'||1||0||0||1||0.50||.500||6|
|4||The Legendary Red Rockets||1||0||0||1||0.50||.500||6|
|7||Kickin the Punt||1||0||1||0||0.00||.000||4|
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.