TX Live - Summer 2014
The biggest and best Austin kickball league around, TX Live is a part of the World Adult Kickball Association. WAKA: Best Parties. Best Games. Best Friends.
TX Live Spring 2014 is Currently Underway
TX Live has completely sold out for the Spring 2014 season and is currently underway! Follow us on Facebook and subscribe to our mailing list for details on the upcoming Summer 2014 season, tentative dates are June 5 through August 7!
- April 17: Kickball Day 2014 - The first ever national holiday celebrating kickball! We'll be celebrating in Austin with an Open Play night at Gillis Park featuring pick up games, contests, and registration discounts!
- April 24: Playoffs Week 1: Play-In & First Round
- May 1: Playoffs Week 2: Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Championship
- May 2: End of Season Party
- April 17: Summer 2014 Registration Begins
- May 5: Cinco de Mayo Happy Hour! - Drink specials and raffle prizes, $5 off on-the-spot registrations! Location TBD
- May 14: Late Registration Begins - Registration cost increases by $5
- June 4: Summer 2014 Captain's Meeting - Discussion of league policies, gifts of WAKA captain swag, and t-shirt pickup.
- June 5: Summer 2014 Season Begins
- July 31: Playoffs Week 1: Play-In & First Round
- August 7: Playoffs Week 2: Quarterfinals, Semifinals, and Championship
Where We Play
This season we will be playing at Gillis Park, located at 2504 Durwood St. 78704. Ample parking is available in two parking lots and along the street. See the diagram below for more information.
As with all neighborhood parks, the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at Gillis, and WAKA's alcohol policy always reflects that of our venue. Individuals who are observed consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the premises, and run the risk of receiving a citation for public consumption of an alcoholic beverage. Gillis park is an on-leash dog-friendly park. Teams observed consuming alcohol or allowing dogs off leash will receive a paper forfeit for the evening. Repeat offenses may result in suspensions.
Where We Party
This season TX Live will make their home base at Gibson Street Bar on South Lamar! With great specials on bubbly & beer as well as phenomenal food from the Luke's Inside Out trailer located on site, your post-game destination is set! Join us for drinks and good company, we'll see you there!
1109 S Lamar Blvd, Austin, TX 78704
$3 Miller Lights
$4 Tullemore Dew Irish Whiskey
Free cheese/chocolate plate with purchase of any bottle of bubbles (from $18!)
FREE BINGO from 8-10 PM with PRIZES!
- Teams must consist of a MINIMUM of 16 players and a MINIMUM of 6 women. Groups that do not meet these minimum requirements by February 3 will be combined with other groups and free agents at the discretion of the league manager.
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control.
- The season schedule will be weighted to allow for as much parity as possible during the regular season. Be sure to notify the league manager at firstname.lastname@example.org if your team is particularly inexperienced or if you would like to play a more competitive schedule.
- All players are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the RULES before play.
- Paper forfeits will be assessed for violations of park policies. This means if anyone on your team is observed drinking alcohol, smoking, or allowing their dogs off-leash your team will be assessed a paper forfeit.
- Each player may only register for one team in TX Live.
- Cleats are recommended but by no means required. Metal cleats are prohibited. Closed toed shoes must be worn during play.
- Substitutions are allowed in regular season games ONLY when fewer than the minimum number of players are available (4 men and 4 women), and ONLY as many subs as is necessary to reach the minimum. No subs are permitted during the playoffs.
- There is a zero tolerance policy for fighting. Any physical altercation will result in the immediate ejection of all parties involved. Altercations in which punches are thrown will result in a 2 game suspension. Repeat offenses and extreme altercations will be evaluated on a case by case basis and may result in removal from the season of play without a refund.
Board of Volunteers
GMOT Czar: Kimberly Fortanely
Charity Ninja: Becca Hellman
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Stephen Moursund at email@example.com.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and YouTube!
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.