- News and Media
FOR THE NO BUNTING DIVISION:
IN ADDITION TO THE REGULAR WAKA RULES, THESE RULES BELOW APPLY TO THIS DIVISION ONLY:
- No bunting (any kick deemed a "bunt" by the official will be ruled a "foul ball")
- 10 players maximum on the field
-50 minute games, no limit on innings
- 8 weeks of regular games on Wednesday nights with an all-day Saturday playoffs at the end of the season!
TX Republic is Wednesday night kickball in Austin, TX. We are known for great kickball, our unmatched post-game experience, legendary parties, and a year-round social schedule with something for everyone! Republic is committed to keeping the spirit of kickball alive in every game, and as such has an established "no bunting" rule for teams who choose that division.
This league has a legacy trophy that is passed down each season from champion to champion. There is also a bar games championship belt that will be named & engraved this season - something for every team to look forward to. Each week after the games at Corner Bar, there will be post-game interviews that will be posted on the league's youtube page afterward. Prepare to be on the Not Top 10.
View the Kickball Rules and League Tournament Guidelines
TX Republic is a super-social league, and champions are not eligible for the National Founder's Cup Tournament in Las Vegas. They are, however, eligible for extremely long, awkward hugs from Mike Harris (league rep.)
This season we will be playing at Gillis Park, located at 2504 Durwood St. 78704. Ample parking is available in two parking lots and along the street, and overflow parking is available across the street at the league bar G&S Lounge. See the diagram below for more information.
As with all neighborhood parks, the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at Gillis, and WAKA's alcohol policy always reflects that of our venue. Individuals who are observed consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the premises, and run the risk of receiving a citation for public consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
Corner Bar, Austin, TX
1901 S. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
Corner Bar is a rad new spot in South Austin. Here are just a few of the reasons it will rock your socks off on Wednesday nights:
- They have 8 TVs set on any sporting match you hope to be watching.
- There are bar games - darts, Golden Tee, watching Tom get wasted... all the usual!
- Not one, not two, not even three, but NOW FOUR places to eat that are within 100 feet (Trai Mai Thai food trailer right out front, Potato A (Poutine) & Wings trailers right out back, and Austin's Pizza across the parking lot (and they will deliver food TO the bar!)
- Plenty of parking in adjacent lots after 6pm (don't deal with street parking if you don't have to!) - see map below
- DRINK SPECIALS GALORE!! Here's a short list:
$5 - Jameson, Corner Box (shot of Rebel Stoke & can of PBR/Lonestar/High Life)
$4 - Fireball, Firefly, Jack Daniels
$3 - Jim Bean
$2 - Bud Light draft, cans of PBR, Lonestar or Miller High Life
Head Referee: Positions Open! - If you know the rules and think you might be a decent ref, reach out to Tom (the league rep). There are a lot of perks (free registration the following season, VIP status at WAKA parties, resume-builder). Plus you'll finally have power over something, so you don't go all Office-Space-freak-out on people.
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Mike Harris at email@example.com
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and YouTube!
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.