- News and Media
THIS IS A NO BUNTING LEAGUE!
IN ADDITION TO THE REGULAR WAKA RULES, THESE RULES BELOW APPLY TO THIS LEAGUE ONLY:
- No bunting (any kick deemed a "bunt" by the official will be ruled a "foul ball")
- 10 players maximum on the field
-50 minute games, no limit on innings
- 8 weeks of regular games on Wednesday nights with an all-day Saturday playoffs on November 23rd!
TX Republic is Wednesday night kickball in Austin, TX. We are known for great kickball, our unmatched post-game experience, legendary parties, and a year-round social schedule with something for everyone! Republic is committed to keeping the spirit of kickball alive in every game, and as such has an established "no bunting" rule which every team is required to adhere to.
View the Kickball Rules and League Tournament Guidelines
TX Republic is a super-social league, and champions are not eligible for the National Founder's Cup Tournament in Las Vegas. They are, however, eligible for extremely long, awkward hugs from Tom Hallock (league rep).
This season we will be playing at Gillis Park, located at 2504 Durwood St. 78704. Ample parking is available in two parking lots and along the street, and overflow parking is available across the street at the league bar G&S Lounge. See the diagram below for more information.
As with all neighborhood parks, the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at Gillis, and WAKA's alcohol policy always reflects that of our venue. Individuals who are observed consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the premises, and run the risk of receiving a citation for public consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
Corner Bar, Austin, TX
1901 S. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
Corner Bar is a rad new spot in South Austin. Here are just a few of the reasons it will rock your socks off on Wednesday nights:
- They have 8 TVs set on any sporting match you hope to be watching.
- You choose the music that plays over the speakers (with the Roqbot app)
- Not one, not two, but THREE places to eat that are within 100 feet (Trai Mai Thai food trailer right out front, Potato A (Poutine) trailer right out back, and Austin's Pizza across the parking lot (and they will deliver food TO the bar!)
- Plenty of parking in adjacent lots after 6pm (don't deal with street parking if you don't have to!) - see map below
- DRINK SPECIALS GALORE!! Here's a short list:
$5 - Jameson, Corner Box (shot of Rebel Stoke & can of PBR/Lonestar/High Life)
$4 - Fireball, Firefly, Jack Daniels
$3 - Jim Bean
$2 - Bud Light draft, cans of PBR, Lonestar or Miller High Life
Head Referee: Scott Hudnall - Scott is an avid kickballer with years of experience. In the Wednesday night league (TX Republic), he plays on Candy Van (lime green). Scott is a very attractive male.
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Tom Hallock at email@example.com.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and YouTube!
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!