TX Republic - Spring 2014
Spring kickball is now in progress. Please check back for more details for summer!
THIS IS A NO BUNTING LEAGUE!
IN ADDITION TO THE REGULAR WAKA RULES, THESE RULES BELOW APPLY TO THIS LEAGUE ONLY:
- No bunting (any kick deemed a "bunt" by the official will be ruled a "foul ball")
- 10 players maximum on the field
-50 minute games, no limit on innings
- 8 weeks of regular games on Wednesday nights with an all-day Saturday playoffs at the end of the season!
- March 5: THEME NIGHT: OLYMPICS! - Dress up as your favorite speed skater or slopestyle snowboarder. Or just rep your favorite country (USA or Jamaica, DUH). Gold, silver & bronze medals a plus.
- March 12: No Games During SXSW
- March 21: The Spring Equinox Party - Join us as we transform the Butterfly Bar into an enchanted forest and celebrate the first (well, technically second) day of Spring!
- March 26: THEME NIGHT: TBD (and no, not TBD like the Bluth fundraiser, I mean "To Be Determined")
- March 29: Central Texas Kickball Golf Open - There's no need for clubs when you've got an 8.5 inch kickball and a specialized course designed for playing with your feet! Come try out the newest sport on the links. It's in San Antonio, FYI.
- April 23: Rain-Out Makeup Week
- April 23 & 30: Championship Tournament
- May 2: End of Season Party - this is one day after Tom, the league rep's birthday. This is important.
TX Republic is Wednesday night kickball in Austin, TX. We are known for great kickball, our unmatched post-game experience, legendary parties, and a year-round social schedule with something for everyone! Republic is committed to keeping the spirit of kickball alive in every game, and as such has an established "no bunting" rule which every team is required to adhere to.
This league has a legacy trophy that is passed down each season from champion to champion. There is also a bar games championship belt that will be named & engraved this season - something for every team to look forward to. Each week after the games at Corner Bar, there will be post-game interviews that will be posted on the league's youtube page afterward. Prepare to be on the Not Top 10.
View the Kickball Rules and League Tournament Guidelines
TX Republic is a super-social league, and champions are not eligible for the National Founder's Cup Tournament in Las Vegas. They are, however, eligible for extremely long, awkward hugs from Tom Hallock (league rep).
Where We Play
This season we will be playing at Gillis Park, located at 2504 Durwood St. 78704. Ample parking is available in two parking lots and along the street, and overflow parking is available across the street at the league bar G&S Lounge. See the diagram below for more information.
As with all neighborhood parks, the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at Gillis, and WAKA's alcohol policy always reflects that of our venue. Individuals who are observed consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the premises, and run the risk of receiving a citation for public consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
Where We Party
Corner Bar, Austin, TX
1901 S. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
Corner Bar is a rad new spot in South Austin. Here are just a few of the reasons it will rock your socks off on Wednesday nights:
- They have 8 TVs set on any sporting match you hope to be watching.
- There are bar games - darts, Golden Tee, watching Tom get wasted... all the usual!
- Not one, not two, not even three, but NOW FOUR places to eat that are within 100 feet (Trai Mai Thai food trailer right out front, Potato A (Poutine) & Wings trailers right out back, and Austin's Pizza across the parking lot (and they will deliver food TO the bar!)
- Plenty of parking in adjacent lots after 6pm (don't deal with street parking if you don't have to!) - see map below
- DRINK SPECIALS GALORE!! Here's a short list:
$5 - Jameson, Corner Box (shot of Rebel Stoke & can of PBR/Lonestar/High Life)
$4 - Fireball, Firefly, Jack Daniels
$3 - Jim Bean
$2 - Bud Light draft, cans of PBR, Lonestar or Miller High Life
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control.
- All players are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the RULES before play.
- Cleats are recommended but by no means required. Metal cleats are prohibited. Closed toed shoes must be worn during play.
- Substitutions are allowed in regular season games ONLY when fewer than the minimum number of players are available, and ONLY as many subs as is necessary to reach the minimum. No subs are permitted during the playoffs.
Board of Volunteers
Head Referee: Positions Open! - If you know the rules and think you might be a decent ref, reach out to Tom (the league rep). There are a lot of perks (free registration the following season, VIP status at WAKA parties, resume-builder). Plus you'll finally have power over something, so you don't go all Office-Space-freak-out on people.
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Tom Hallock at email@example.com.
Find us on Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, and YouTube!
CharityThis year we will be sponsoring:
Kids in a New Groove (http://www.kidsinanewgroove.org/)
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
|1||Snappin' Da Base||2||2||0||0||2.00||1.00||2|
|3||Hannah Montana XXX Tape||3||2||1||0||2.00||.667||12|
|4||The Big Laballskis||2||1||1||0||1.00||.500||6|
|5||Pitches be Crazy||2||1||1||0||1.00||.500||8|
|8||The Dark Side||2||0||2||0||0.00||.000||12|
|9||People Pay to Sleep with Us 2.0||3||0||3||0||0.00||.000||21|
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.