TX Waterloo - Fall 2011
Our spring season is currently in progress. Check back for more details on summer!
Contact Mharris@kickball.com with questions
- March 4: Theme Night - Mardi Gras
- March 11: No Games During SXSW
- March 18: Theme Night - St. Patrick's Day
- March 21: The Spring Equinox Party - Join us as we transform the Butterfly Bar into an enchanted forest and celebrate the first (well, technically second) day of Spring!
- March 29: Central Texas Kickball Golf Open - There's no need for clubs when you've got an 8.5 inch kickball and a specialized course designed for playing with your feet! Come try out the newest sport on the links.
- April 15: Super Special Secret (not so secret if you played last season) Theme Night - Rain Week Make-Up
- April 22: Playoffs Week 1
- April 29: Playoffs Week 2
- May 2nd: End of Season Party
Where We Play
This season we will be playing at Gillis Park, located at 2504 Durwood St. 78704. Ample parking is available in two parking lots and along the street, and overflow parking is available across the street at the league bar G&S Lounge. See the diagram below for more information.
As with all neighborhood parks, the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at Gillis, and WAKA's alcohol policy always reflects that of our venue. Individuals who are observed consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the premises, and run the risk of receiving a citation for public consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
Where We Party
MEAN EYED CAT - 1621 W 5th St
$2 Tallboy Cans, $4 Tulamore Dew Irish Whisky
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control.
- All players are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the RULES before play.
- Cleats are recommended but by no means required. Metal cleats are prohibited. Closed toed shoes must be worn during play.
- Substitutions are allowed in regular season games ONLY when fewer than the minimum number of players are available, and ONLY as many subs as is necessary to reach the minimum. No subs are permitted during the playoffs.
Board of Volunteers
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Mike Harris at MHarris@kickball.com
Head Referees: Kyle Trzaskalski & Allen Soriano
<--------- This is Kyle. He is the unofficial Mayor of Austin WAKA, having played in every league for multiple years. He is a wealth of knowledge and an absolute BEAST on the dance floor. He's ALWAYS wearing some sort of West Virginia University apparel so you can't miss him.
This is Allen. --------> I know, not a great picture. But this is what Allen's about! Drinking from trophys and stealing strangers' puppies! I hope you like new best friends, cuz you're gonna need to make room in your hearts for Allen.
(***there are perks)
CONGRATS TO OUR FALLSEASON CHAMPS, FRESH KICKS OF BALL AIR!
Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First, you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team after registration closes. Here are some videos to guide you through the process.
FREE AGENT INDIVIDUALS AND SMALL GROUPS
Plan on going solo or joining with one or two friends? Perfect. That's actually how a lot of teams are formed. Nearly 50 percent of the players in the league first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a team that's a perfect fit for you. And, if we can't get you on a team, you get your money back - guaranteed!
TEAM STATUS AND ROSTER REQUIRMENTS
Every registered team starts off as a "Friend Group." A friend group does not reach official team status until they have at least 10 players on the team. Teams are required to have a minimum of 10 registered players or a maximum of 26 players. At least 4 players of each gender must be on the team as well. To guarantee a spot in the league, make sure your teammates get registered ASAP!
Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole team?
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!