TX Waterloo Summer 2014 is Now Open for Registration!
- Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team* after registration closes (*assuming you have enough players signed up). If you don't have enough players signed up by the deadline, its not a big deal, we will add a small group or free agents to your team to make a full roster!
- Do you have a group of friends (anywhere from 2-15 players) who would like to sign up and play on the same team together? No problem! What you want to do is register and start a 'friend group'. After registration closes, your friend group will be merged with other friend group(s) or free agents to make a full team.
- Plan on going solo? Perfect. Nearly 50 percent of the players in WAKA leagues first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a fun team that's a perfect fit for you!
- Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole squad for a good team-building/networking activity? No problem. When you register you'll see an option for you to pay for any number of individuals. Then you'll get an email with coupon codes which you can pass out to your players when they register.
- View the Kickball Rules here.
- July 29: Playoffs Week 1
- August 5: Championship Game!!!!
Where We Play
This season we will be playing at Gillis Park, located at 2504 Durwood St. 78704. Ample parking is available in two parking lots and along the street, and overflow parking is available across the street at the league bar G&S Lounge. See the diagram below for more information.
As with all neighborhood parks, the consumption of alcohol is not permitted at Gillis, and WAKA's alcohol policy always reflects that of our venue. Individuals who are observed consuming alcoholic beverages will be asked to leave the premises, and run the risk of receiving a citation for public consumption of an alcoholic beverage.
Where We Party
Corner Bar, Austin, TX
1901 S. Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX 78704
Corner Bar is a rad new spot in South Austin. Here are just a few of the reasons it will rock your socks off on Wednesday nights:
- They have 8 TVs set on any sporting match you hope to be watching.
- There are bar games - darts, Golden Tee, watching Tom get wasted... all the usual!
- Austin's Pizza across the parking lot (and they will deliver food TO the bar!)
- Plenty of parking in adjacent lots after 6pm (don't deal with street parking if you don't have to!) - see map below
- DRINK SPECIALS GALORE!!
$2 - Bud Light draft, cans of PBR, Lonestar or Miller High Life
$3 - Wells
$12 - Bud Light Towers
- The season schedule is subject to change due to inclement weather or other factors beyond our control.
- All players are encouraged to familiarize themselves with the RULES before play.
- Cleats are recommended but by no means required. Metal cleats are prohibited. Closed toed shoes must be worn during play.
- Substitutions are allowed in regular season games ONLY when fewer than the minimum number of players are available, and ONLY as many subs as is necessary to reach the minimum. No subs are permitted during the playoffs.
Board of Volunteers
If you would like to lend your skills to make the league better, contact league representative Mike Harris at MHarris@kickball.com
This is where you come in! Intersted in being a Head Ref? Interested parties should let Harris know, so he can fill you in on the deets.***
Don’t Just Kick the Ball, Be the Ball! This kickball league is currently looking for volunteers to help make this kickball season a great one! If you’d like to take charge, have a say, and become more involved in your kickball experience, contact your league representative and get involved today. No matter what your talent is, we have a space for you!
Price per Player
Registration will close early if league capacity is reached.