Dodge, Duck, Dip, Dive!
Your favorite kickball league now has dodgeball in Salt Lake City
As much fun as kickball but on the court instead of the field! See below for league details! Salt Lake City Dodgeball registration is open now so get your friends together or sign up as a free agent!
Winter 2014 Important Dates
Thurs 2/13 Team Registration Deadline
- Groups must be created and have a minimum of 10 players registered to be guaranteed team status!
Thurs 02/27 Week 1
Thurs 03/06 Week 2
Thurs 03/13 Week 3
Thurs 03/20 Week 4
Thurs 03/27 Week 5
Thurs 04/03 Week 6
End of Season Party - Saturday April 12th
Questions? Need a team? Contact Kenzie@kickball.com & firstname.lastname@example.org
Check out our Utah Dodgeball Facebook page for updates and fun
Join our mailing list , meetup group , and facebook page to stay connected!
- Price: $60/per player
- Team roster is a minimum of 3 players and a maximum of 20 players.
- Don't have a full team? No worries. You can sign up as team, a small friend group, or a free agent. We will place you or your group on an existing team that needs players. WAKA dodgeball is a great way to get your friends and co-workers together or to just meet new people!
- What if I don't have any skills at throwing balls? Doesn't matter. This is a social league! There will be music on the court and this league is built on FUN!!
- Games played Thursday evenings with games being at 6:30 and 7:15 starting Februrary 27th!
- 6 week regular season with 1 week of playoffs
Game / On Court Rules
- Maximum of 12 players on the court per team per game (i.e. 12 vs 12) (yeah, I know, its gonna be awesome)
- Must have at least 3 female players on the court for an official game
- We will play with 7 balls at a time. All dodge balls will be placed along the centerline. Players then take a position behind their team’s end line. Following a signal by the official, teams may sprint forward to the center line to retrieve the balls
- We will play as many games as possible within a 40 minute match (4 minute time limit per game)
- Each game will count as one point and end of match points will be totaled to determine winner of match
- Note: You should try to get more than 12 players on your team because 12 players is the max allowed on the court and obvioulsy every player doesn't show up every week and because more people = more team fun
- There will music on the court! This is not just your typical dodgeball game! This is WAKA Dodgeball!
- Are you a captain or aspiring captain wondering about how to start a team? First you want to register yourself, then start a "friend group". Your friend group will become a team* after registration closes (*assuming you have enough players signed up). If you don't have enough players signed up by the deadline, its not a big deal, we will add a small group or free agents you to your team to make a full roster!
- Do you have a group of friends (anywhere from 2-10 players) who would like to sign up and play on the same team together? No problem! What you want to do is register and start a 'friend group'. After registration closes, your friend group will be merged with other friend group(s) or free agents to make a full team.
- Plan on going solo? Perfect. Nearly 50 percent of the players in WAKA leagues first started as free agents or small friend groups. That's how easy it is to meet new people and make new friends. So don't worry - go ahead and sign up and we'll be sure to check with you to put you on a fun team that's a perfect fit for you!
- Thinking your company would be interested in sponsoring a whole squad for a good team-building/networking activity? No problem. When you register you'll see an option for you to pay for any number of individuals. Then you'll get an email with coupon codes which you can pass out to your players when they register.
This season we will be using Rubber Dodgeballs for our fun, indoor dodgeball leagues. We encourage a low-key, social atmosphere. (ie: 50/50 guy/girl ratio, round robin game schedule, etc).