Thank you to all of the players who participated in the 1st Annual FL Miami Charity Kickball Tourney benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of South Florida. Congratulations to the Downtown Devils who defeated Balls and Dolls 1-0 in the championship game.
The FL Miami Charity Kickball Tourney is a one-day tournament with proceeds benefitting the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society of South Florida.
Date: April 23, 2016
Location: Armbrister Park, 4000 Grand Av., Miami, FL 33133
Cost: $39 through April 15, 2016 / $49 from April 16-April 20, 2016
Registration Deadline: 11:59 p.m. on April 22, 2016 (Updated)
Post-tournament party: Sandbar
Facebook Tourney Page
Entry Fee includes:
- 3 games minimum for each registered team
- Swag bag
- Free beer! Kegs of selected Anheuser Busch beer will be provided for free at Sandbar after the tournament
- Each team will be assigned into a group of 3-4 teams.
- All teams within each group will play each team within the group.
- The top team from each group will advance to a single-elimination tournament, along with one Wild Card team. The Wild Card team will be the team with the highest Win Percentage from the teams finishing second in each group. Click here for more information about determining the Wild Card team.
- Have Fun!
- Tournament will be capped at the first 16 registered teams to enter. A team will be considered registered once a minimum of 15 players are registered for a team. A wait list will be created for any teams registered in excess of 16 teams and priority will be based on the date a team achieves 15 registered players.
- Tournament Rosters must have a minimum of 11 players. The maximum number of players is 26 players on a team.
- Anyone 21 or older can play. Rosters may include current WAKA players and non-WAKA players.
- Free agents welcome. If we cannot place you on a team, you'll get a refund.
- Each team is guaranteed 3 games.
- All games will be 5-innings or 45 minutes, whichever occurs first. (After 45 minutes, no new innings will start. An inning starts when the final out of the previous inning is made.)
- Head referees will be provided by WAKA.
- Peer referees required for base umpires. Each team will be asked to provide 1+ referee for each game it does not play.
- Unless otherwise noted, all games will follow standard WAKA Policies and Official Kickball Rules. CLICK HERE for standard WAKA Policies and Official Kickball Rules. There are no restrictions on pitching style. The LLS Tiebreakers are listed here.
- All players must be registered. Any team that uses a player that is not registered will forfeit any game(s) the unregistered player plays. A player is deemed to play in a game by participating as a kicker or defensive player for at least one pitch.
- There is no grace period for players to arrive. Game time is forfeit time.
- To decrease the chance for forfeits, if a team has fewer than 4 players of each gender available to start a game, the following regulation will be in place. If a team has only 3 players of any one gender, that team will begin each At Kick with 1 out. If a team has only 2 players of any one gender, that team will begin each At Kick with 2 outs. These outs are not attributed to any specific player, therefore, if the 2nd kicker in the kicking order was the last kicker in the previous inning, the 3rd kicker in the kicking order would kick first in the next inning.
There will be a prize raffle. Raffle tickets will be $5. All proceeds from the raffle will benefit the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society of South Florida.
Click here to checkout our Facebook Tourney page to see the great prizes available.
Do you or your company have something awesome to donate that we can raffle off? Please let us know. Every little bit helps.
Can't play but want to participate? We are looking for volunteers to help us put on a great tourney. Please email email@example.com if you can help us pre-event or even the day of the event.
How to Register:
- Registering for the FL Miami Charity Kickball Tournament is similar to registering a WAKA team. If you are a captain, you'll create a friend group/team name and then have your teammates register and select your group name/team name from the dropdown box.
- If you are a free agent or small group just looking to join the fun, no worries, sign up and we'll find you a team!
- Your team can consist of as many players you wish, but just make sure you have the minimum requirements to field a team. You need at least 11 players on your roster. Tournament T-Shirts are not included so feel free to wear team jerseys or costumes!
Tournament Schedule (Tentative-Based on 16 teams)
8:00 a.m.-8:30 a.m: Check-In for all players
8:30 a.m.: Captains Meeting
9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m.: Group Play
3:00 p.m.: Semi-finals (Final 4)
4:00 p.m.: Championship!
5:00 p.m.: Post Tourney Party @ Sandbar (see below for details)
Would you or your company like to sponsor the tourney? Check out our sponsorship opportunities!
Sponsor Full Team: $39/player (miniumum of 15 players)
Sponsor a Field: $150 (Your company's name on the field sign and 4 passes for the post-tourney party) (4 fields available)
Interested in another type of sponsorship? Let us know and we can work with you!
Contact Steve Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-571-1326 to discuss any sponsorship opportunities.
The post-tourney party is a combined party with the local WAKA Kickball leagues (over 5,000 players between all leagues!) Your registration into the tournament gets you FREE BEER ALL NIGHT! If your friends want to come bring them out too, wristbands for those who didn't play in the tournament are only $10 and allows you to partake in the free beer!
Where: Sandbar, 3064 Grand Av., Miami, FL 33133
When: As soon as the tournament ends.
Details: FREE BEER-kegs of selected Anheuser Busch beer will be provided for free at Sandbar after the tournament. Flip cup, Survivor Flip Cup, Beer Pong, pool and MORE! Guests who do not currently play in a WAKA league may attend the post-tournament party and purchase a party wristband for $10,which allows the guest to partake in the free beer..
Please contact Steve Evans (email@example.com) with any questions or comments about the tournament.